One of my favorite bakeries, Karma Baker, makes the best gluten- and dairy-free brownies EVER! Scroll down for the details—and enjoy every bite!
2 cups organic, gluten-free flour (I like Celine’s Karma Baker Gluten-Free Flour)
2 cups evaporated cane juice
3/4 cups unsweetened organic cocoa powder (don't skimp on the quality of your cocoa powder—get the best you can find)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup organic coconut oil (melt before measuring—warm, but not hot)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup warm water
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F and prepare all of your ingredients.
2. Prepare a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper greased with warm coconut oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and cane juice, sift over the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gently mix dry ingredients together. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla. Give the mix a few stirs. Gradually add in the water, 1/4 cup at a time. Mix until well blended. If using a stand or hand mixer, allow it blend on med-low speed for 2 minutes.
4. This batter will be smooth and runny. Spread evenly in your prepared 9"x 13" baking pan.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the middle is just set, not jiggly anymore.