These amazing strawberry doughnuts are the perfect treat for Easter brunch. Not only do they look pretty, but they are also gluten- and dairy-free! (I know, it seems impossible!) Scroll down for the recipe below.
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
5 tablespoons of organic honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened or liquid
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 whole large room temperature eggs (separated)
1/3 cup warmed coconut butter
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup of freeze-dried strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine honey, coconut oil, vanilla, lemon and egg yolks.
4. Mix the two separate bowls together until completely mixed.
5. Beat egg whites until peaks form. Fold the egg whites and diced strawberries with the rest of the batter until no egg whites are visible, making sure you do not overmix.
6. Grease doughnut pan with coconut oil and fill each mold about 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
8. Remove and allow doughnuts to cool on wire rack.
9. In a small bowl, mix coconut butter and honey.
10. In the same bowl, add in lemon juice and the crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
11. Slowly add 1 teaspoon of warm water at a time until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
12. Wait until doughnuts are completely cool to glaze. Once glazed, place in freezer for about 10 minutes for the glaze to set. Store in refrigerator until served.