my easter guide
Dairy-Free Coconut Macaroons
These chewy macaroons are perfect treat to share with family and friends if you are going to a Passover gathering. Drizzle them with dairy-free chocolate to add a touch of sweetness. Scroll down for the recipe!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Serves: 12
- 4 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until peaks form. Set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk and honey to a simmer over medium heat. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t boil over.
- 4. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Add the shredded coconut and stir to combine.
- 5. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- 6. Drop small spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet—about 2 tablespoons per cookie.
- 7. Bake at 325˚F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8. Once the cookies are cool, melt dairy-free chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 9. Place the wire rack(s) over the baking sheet (covered with parchment paper to catch extra chocolate) and drizzle the chocolate over the macaroons.
- 10. Enjoy!
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian