my easter guide
Dairy-Free Avocado Deviled Eggs
New twist on a classic.
Growing up, my mom always made deviled eggs for Easter Sunday. I still love to make them, but I have my own special twist to make them dairy-free and extra delicious by adding avocado. Scroll down for my easy recipe!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Recipe Type: Appetizer
- Serves: 12
- 12 large organic free-range eggs
- ½ cup veganaise
- 1 small organic lemon (use a fine grater to make zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large organic avocado, diced
- 1. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Gently add eggs one at a time.
- 2. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain water.
- 3. Wait 5 minutes or until the eggs are cool enough to touch, then remove shells.
- 4. Cut eggs in half (lengthwise) and put yolks in bowl to the side.
- 5. Combine yolks, veganaise, yellow mustard, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and avocado in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 6. Add mixture back into the eggs by spooning small amounts—or for a more styled look, put it into a pastry bag and pipe it into the center of eggs.
- 7. Chill covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian