DIY: Vanilla Date Cashew Milk
A healthy alternative.
I heard this cashew milk recipe from Botanicamag was really good and wanted to share it with my subscribers who are dairy-free and don't have nut allergies. My kids are allergic to cashews so we don't keep them in my house at all, but for those of you who love cashews, this recipe is a great option to make at home! Scroll down for the delicious recipe.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Recipe Type: Beverage
- Serves: 3 cups
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 small dates
- 1-inch length of vanilla bean
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1. Soak the cashews in water for at least 5 hours (or overnight).
- 2. Strain, rinse and place in a blender.
- 3. Add the dates, vanilla bean, sea salt and cinnamon (if using), and cover with 3 cups of filtered water.
- 4. Blend on high until frothy and smooth. Give it a taste and add another date if you’d like it a touch sweeter or another bit of cinnamon for flavor.
- 5. Place a nut milk bag or a super fine mesh strainer over a wide-mouth bowl and pour in the contents of the blender.
- 6. Strain until the liquid is strained out and only a bit of cashew solids remain.
- 7. Transfer the nut milk to a jar, and store in the fridge. It will last for 3-4 days.
Photos Courtesy of Botanicamag.com