I love my friend Chrissy Teigen's recipe for sweet and salty coconut rice. I get really excited when we're having this for dinner—which is at least once a week! It's the perfect side dish to accompany any meal, and uses coconut milk, so it's non-dairy. Get more of her delicious recipes here!
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 3/4 water
1. In a dry skillet, toast the coconut flakes over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
2. Place toasted coconut to the side.
3. In a medium saucepan, add coconut milk, water, sugar, rice and salt.
4. Stir and bring to low boil.
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Once done, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
7. Re-cover saucepan and let stand for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to a bowl and add toasted coconuts to the top.