Homemade Cranberry Sauce
A Thanksgiving staple!
Why buy the canned version when fresh cranberries are so healthy and this recipe is so surprisingly easy to make? Just follow my directions below and enjoy!
Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Recipe Type: side dish
- Serves: side dish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 12 ounces of fresh organic cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated organic orange zest
- 1. Bring the water and organic brown sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2. Add fresh organic cranberries and bring to a simmer, stirring until berries burst, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Mix in organic orange zest, then cool.
- 4. Refrigerate until needed (will last 2 days).