My Mom's Sweet Potato Soufflé Recipe
A family favorite.
Dessert doesn't have to be the only sweet dish at your Thanksgiving table this year. Made with coconut milk and brown sugar, my dairy-free version of my mom's sweet potato soufflé is the perfect balance to the classic savory sides.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Recipe Type: Side Dish
- Serves: 10 -12
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ½ cup vegan butter melted, plus room temperature for casserole dish
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 11-ounce can sweetened condensed organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Lightly butter 1 large casserole dish.
- 3. Quarter the potatoes and boil until soft (about 15 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- 4. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skins and mash with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- 5. Add melted vegan butter, brown sugar, condensed coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to potatoes and blend well.
- 6. Beat eggs until pale yellow and fold into the potato mixture a third at a time.
- 7. Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- 8. When done, the mixture puffs a little and doesn’t wobble when shaken gently. Let cool.
- 9. Enjoy warm!
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle maple syrup on top.
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian