Dessert doesn't have to be the only sweet dish at your Thanksgiving table this year. Made with coconut milk and brown sugar, my dairy-free version of my mom's sweet potato soufflé is the perfect balance to the classic savory sides.
4 sweet potatoes
½ cup vegan butter melted, plus room temperature for casserole dish
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 11-ounce can sweetened condensed organic coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly butter 1 large casserole dish.
3. Quarter the potatoes and boil until soft (about 15 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
4. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skins and mash with a handheld mixer until smooth.
5. Add melted vegan butter, brown sugar, condensed coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to potatoes and blend well.
6. Beat eggs until pale yellow and fold into the potato mixture a third at a time.
7. Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
8. When done, the mixture puffs a little and doesn’t wobble when shaken gently. Let cool.
9. Enjoy warm!
OPTIONAL: Drizzle maple syrup on top.