Dairy- and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
My take on the ultimate classic.
My chocolate chip cookie recipe is so good. These cookies don't last more than two days when I make them, because everyone who comes over can't stop eating them! If you didn't know, you'd never guess they are gluten- and dairy-free. Make this easy treat with your kids—or for anyone with a serious sweet tooth.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Serves: 18-24 cookies
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 organic, cage-free eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ flour (half coconut flour, half rice flour)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure baking soda
- 1 bag dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2. Add all sugars, vegetable shortening and oil in a bowl and mix.
- 3. Add in eggs and vanilla to the bowl.
- 4. In a separate bowl, mix flours, salt and baking soda.
- 5. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture until combined.
- 6. Stir in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- 7. Chill dough for 15 minutes.
- 8. Roll dough into the size of ping-pong balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- 9. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and tops are set.
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian