Sweet Potato Chips
A sweet and salty homemade snack.
Sweet potato chips are one of my favorite gluten-free snacks and we make them weekly at my house. They are so easy to make, and have the perfect crunch to go along with hummus dip or a yummy bowl of soup. In addition to being gluten-free, sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates (needed for energy!) and dietary fiber. Here's how to make these delicious chips at home.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Type: Snack
- Serves: 4-6
- 3-4 organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried organic rosemary
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Wash sweet potatoes and cut into thin, 1/4-inch slices, using either a mandolin or sharp knife.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, rosemary and salt.
- 3. Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another 10 minutes. For the last ten minutes, watch the chips closely and pull off any chips that start to brown. Remove when all the chips are cooked through.
- 5. Enjoy!
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian