Sweet and Spicy Smoothie
A flavorful way to get your greens.
This smoothie is a favorite of mine. The cardamom definitely has a different flavor to it—it makes the smoothie a little spicy—while the honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness. It's all in the balance, so adjust the dates and cacao to your liking! I make my own almond milk, but you can also buy it.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Recipe Type: beverage
- Serves: 2
- 1 cup organic milk or almond milk
- ¼ tsp organic cardamom powder
- 2 chopped dates
- ¼ tsp Manuka honey
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 organic banana
- ¼ tsp raw cocoa or cacao powder
- 1. Prepare almond milk, if desired.
- 2. Wash spinach thoroughly.
- 3. Peel and slice banana.
- 4. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- 5. Enjoy!
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian