Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This sweet dessert is perfect for a Valentine's Day treat.
I love to eat healthy as much as possible, but I do need to eat something sweet every night. Valentine's Day is the perfect time for a chocolate-filled cheat day. This banana bread recipe is made from all-organic ingredients and came from one of my close friends Jessie. Jessie lists LOVE as one of the ingredients. The kids and I love baking this together, and it's even more fun when you use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape each slice! Enjoy.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Serves: 2 loaves
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2, Mix bananas, sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- 5. Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- 6. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
- 7. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and more sugar.
- 8. Bake for 75 minutes. Begin checking the banana bread after 1 hour. Bread is done when a toothpick comes back out clean, and the top is golden brown and firm.
Photography by Ivan Solis for Kourtney Kardashian