I love to eat healthy as much as possible, but I do need to eat something sweet every night. Valentine's Day is the perfect time for a chocolate-filled cheat day. This banana bread recipe is made from all-organic ingredients and came from one of my close friends Jessie. Jessie lists LOVE as one of the ingredients. The kids and I love baking this together, and it's even more fun when you use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape each slice! Enjoy.
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
1 pint sour cream
1 stick melted butter
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2, Mix bananas, sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
6. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
7. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and more sugar.
8. Bake for 75 minutes. Begin checking the banana bread after 1 hour. Bread is done when a toothpick comes back out clean, and the top is golden brown and firm.