Swing by DASH West Hollywood this weekend for an exclusive Ashlyn’d Clutches Trunk Show. This Saturday, Ashlee Nik, the designer of Ashlyn’d Clutches will be hosting a meet and greet, and you’ll be able to design your own personalized bag in store. In addition, all Ashlyn’d Products will be 20% off this Saturday only. Stop by for pizza provided by Pizza Rustica, and music provided by DJ Doesha, and don’t miss out!
I am so excited Architectural Digest Mexico featured my home in their June issue! You can see all the pics in the gallery above. Pick up your copy today or you can look at the full issue here!
Vegan Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies recipe courtesy of Deliciously Ella
Ingredients (makes 10 brownies):
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 a cup of buckwheat flour (brown rice flour will also work)
- 14 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C, then peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates – this will form one of the sweetest, creamiest, most delicious mixes ever!
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about twenty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together! Remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares – then dig in and enjoy!
For anyone who watches Keeping Up With the Kardashians, you will know that I am into all-natural deodorant. I found a great recipe to make your own on the FreePeople blog, so try it out and tell me what you think!
What You’ll Need:
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 5-10 drops essential oil mixture (I used jasmine and bergamot)
- Mix the baking soda and arrowroot flour in a medium bowl. If you have sensitive skin, use less baking soda and more arrowroot flour – or you can substitute arrowroot flour for baking soda completely.
- Add the coconut oil and mix until it’d a smooth consistency. There shouldn’t be any leftover powder. If you’re mixture seems too dry, add more coconut oil and mix some more.
- Add your essential oil mixture (optional). This step is just for the fragrance.